Domestic Counter-Intelligence Special Agents Blow Whistle on UFO Cover-ups
A new documentary film released this March, Mirage Men, tells the story of those who were employed by the U.S. government to spread lies and cover up the truth about UFOs.
For decades, ufologists and journalists have long suspected that the U.S. government has been covering up the truth about UFOs. Tantalizing new evidence reveals they have been right all along.
On February 24, 2014, there was a tiny blip on the UFO radar that went largely unnoticed by the media. The fallout from this event has yet to be fully absorbed.
Amidst the trove of classified documents released by Edward Snowden, there was a slide presentation highlighted by The Intercept entitled “The Art of Deception: Training for a New Generation of Online Covert Operations.” The presentation was originally prepared for members of The Five Eyes Alliance — an electronic eavesdropping cooperative including the United States, Canada, Britain, Australia and New Zealand.
The Intercept Article elaborates on the significance on these documents:
[…] namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself.
Let that sink in for a moment.
The Intercept article continues…
Among the core self-identified purposes of [Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group] are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
Within a section of the presentation entitled “Influence and Information Operations,” there are a series photographs of UFOs, which to the keen observer are easily dismissible as fakes. In one instance, a photo of a blurry seagull takes on the shape of a flying disk.
What are we to make of this revelation?
For one thing, it confirms the long-held suspicion within the UFO community that the U.S. government is more interested in the UFO phenomenon than it admits. It also confirms that there is an active effort by governments to disrupt discourse and muddy the waters when it comes to the truth about UFOs.
We have learned from previous Snowden releases that the United States and its partners have invested great resources in creating a comprehensive framework for collecting vast amounts of information and eavesdropping with impunity.
The Art of Deception is proof positive that U.S. spy agencies are not simply collectors of information, but rather a sowers of disinformation. The invasive tools which are currently defended as being necessary for the security of our free state are actually being turned into a weapon against free public discourse. In America, we like to believe that we have a right to privacy. We like to believe we have a right to free speech. In truth, we enjoy neither. The internet is not a platform for free public discourse.
If you have any doubts as to whether the government is actually doing any harm, look no further than the UFO community. For decades, serious journalists have been trying to uncover the truth about a very startling pattern of events which has emerged since the late 1940s. Unfortunately, many credible journalists have been discredited in the process — falling victim to a well-orchestrated domestic counter-intelligence program.
There has long been speculation that the government covertly infiltrates message boards and other online communities in order to sow dissension and disinformation. Nowhere is that suspicion more prevalent than in the ufology community, which has been on the front line of the information war for decades. As it turns out, the tin-foil hat crowd was right.
A new documentary film released March 27, 2014, Mirage Men, tells the story of those who were employed by the U.S. government to spread lies and cover up the truth about UFOs.
“There’s probably about 80% of false information being presented. About 20% of factual information,” says Richard Doty, a former agent with the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations, in the opening lines of the film. “Unfortunately, the UFO community doesn’t know which is which.” Doty is a private citizen now, but back in the early 1980’s it was his job to confuse the UFO community. His lies ruined lives and careers of U.S. citizens and lead to the untimely death of Paul Bennewitz — all in the line of duty.
Walter Bosely, also a former Special Agent with OSI, corroborates Doty’s story. With their testimony, and that of their victims, the film begins to piece together a fractured reality.
The film introduces us to dogged ufologists, witnesses and journalists, familiar within the UFO community, who have have been the unwitting victims of Doty’s techniques — those hinted at in The Art of Deception.
Mirage Men gives us a contextual understanding for the The Art of Deception and a real-world example of how it all plays out.
We now have concrete proof that the subject of UFOs is one that the U.S. Government takes a special interest in.
Yet, in an official White House response to an online petition requesting to “Immediately disclose the government’s knowledge of and communications with extraterrestrial beings” the White House dismissed the concerns of the petitioners and had this to say:
The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public’s eye. [Emphasis added]
Unfortunately for the White House, The Disclosure Project has over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses who have testified to their direct, personal, first-hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the related cover-up. And let’s face it — the government’s credibility is out the window.
At this point, we don’t really need disclosure from the government to figure out what’s going on. The truth lies within a pattern.
We know at least this much to be true:
- As a national security policy, agents of the U.S. Government are actively engaged in domestic psychological operations and counter-intelligence warfare on the UFO community.
- We cannot inherently trust any ‘official’ leaked documents purporting to be the truth about UFOs (e.g. The so-called “Majestic 12” documents). They may be sophisticated forgeries or hoaxes intended to mislead the public.
- The target of this disinformation campaign is the American public, our elected officials, and the global community at large.
- The United States Government develops top-secret aircraft that may be mistaken, either intentionally or unintentionally, as alien space craft.
- Many UFO sightings are either top secret aircraft, drones, flares or hoaxes perpetrated by the government.
- The number of UFO sightings reported continues to increase. MUFON received 7646 reports worldwide in 2013, up from fewer than 1000 reports in 2003.
- The UFO phenomenon is a world-wide phenomenon.
- The Disclosure Project has collected “over 500 government, military, and intelligence community witnesses testifying to their direct, personal, first-hand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology, and the cover-up that keeps this information secret.”
- There are journalists and witnesses who have have been misled, intimidated, threatened, psychologically tortured and even murdered by special agents for what they have seen or learned.
- There are those within the government who know more about UFOs than the public is allowed to know.
- In order for a disinformation campaign to be successful, it must be seeded with truth. The more attractive the truth is, the more effective the lie is.
Based upon what we know, one cannot argue that the subject of UFOs is one that the United States government does not take seriously.
There are 3 likely explanations for a government cover-up on this scale:
- The government is aware of an Extra Terrestrial presence but either doesn’t know much about it, or knows it can’t do anything about it. The government denies their existence in order to protect the public from mass hysteria.
- The U.S. government has been in contact with ETs, but the nature of that relationship is a closely-guarded national secret.
- ETs have not visited us at all, but the story makes a very effective smoke-screen for top-secret military aircraft.
The third option is certainly the one that the U.S. government would prefer us all to believe. Unfortunately, it’s difficult for us to take the official word, when classified internal documents reveal a policy of denial while employing covert tactics to suppress the truth.
That’s what makes Mirage Men such a significant milestone in ufology. The agents involved in the information war have joined forces with their victims to expose a truth that is bigger than any UFO mystery yet uncovered. The net result is a victory and vindication for the entire UFO community.
Extra Terrestrial contact with our civilization would be the most significant event in all of human history… and it looks rather suspiciously as though it may have already happened. Just don’t expect the government to let you find out about it.
Unfortunately, there may be no oversight of the groups in control of any actual evidence. Perhaps only a select few know the truth. Our elected officials may be kept entirely out of the loop, leaving only the military-industrial complex in charge of the greatest secret on Earth.
We may very well be entering the age of the whistleblower. Disclosure may only arrive in bits and pieces that we must then assemble ourselves.
Therefore, we the people must change our attitude toward the subject of ufology and the credible journalists who attempt to seriously investigate and report on UFOs in spite of ridicule and threats to their safety. If the government takes this much interest in a matter it considers closed, perhaps we should pay attention. It’s not about keeping an open mind, anymore. The “open mind” is a soft target in the war on truth.
Mirage Men is presented by Yekra.